MENU
×

Error message

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 2 of 113 bytes in variable_initialize() (line 936 of /home/paristech/public_html/includes/bootstrap.inc).

History

romotion 1899 de l’École de Chimie avec Henri MOISSAN (Directeur), Prix Nobel de Chimie en 1906.
Historique_Arts & Métiers_ParisTech

ParisTech was founded in 1991 under the name of the Paris Engineering Grandes Écoles through the voluntary association of nine Parisian engineering Grandes Écoles.  

Joint actions were developed throughout the nineties, especially in the international field. The name ParisTech, which was easier to understand abroad, was adopted in 1999.

Over the years, three new Grandes Écoles have joined ParisTech.  Most of the members are public institutions under the authority of different ministries, but also under the city of Paris, and the Paris Chamber of Commerce and Industry which finance them respectively.  Only one is a state-approved private institution.


On 21 March 2007, ParisTech became a Research and Higher Education cluster by decree.  From now on, it took on the form of a public scientific co-operation institution (EPCS).


In 2013, a law established the Comue (Communautés d'universités et d'établissements - Universities and Institutions Communities). ParisTech was not eligible for this status as it did not have a university in the organisation. Therefore, the institute focused on the essential tasks: education based on the French Grande École model in France and abroad, and the developing multidisciplinary projects in education and research for the benefit of business.

 

Did you know that?

The history of the ParisTech Grandes Écoles goes back to the beginnings of the Industrial Revolution. Four of them were founded in the 18th century with the aim of training the technical managers and military officers of the great state bodies (Army, Mines, Civil Engineering, etc.). The most recent were founded at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries.

 

LES ÉCOLES de ParisTech